Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow !!

It was predicted, and the grocery stores were packed Saturday morning, I am sure. I don't drink milk and already had bread so I stayed at home. :-) When a few flurries start falling, the whole area goes into panic mode. However, we had a lot more than a few flurries this time. I took these pictures Saturday afternoon.

Photobucket

Why is the door between me and the snow? IT WAS COLD OUT THERE!

Photobucket

These I took Sunday morning.

Photobucket

Someone said we got about 7 ins. in this immediate area. Not to far from here got only a couple of inches, and a little further North got 12 to 18 inches. So I had to go measure :) - Most places were 5 ins. What ever it was, it was more than enough! My poor azaleas are under there!

Photobucket

Lessons Learned: Get under the umbrella, not off to the side, when trying to lower umbrella so the snow will fall off (snow is very cold & wet on your back). Do not knock off one side at a time, because the weight will shift and umbrella will start to lean. Learn to move VERY fast - hold onto umbrella stand while knocking snow off the opposite side, before the whole thing falls over taking table and all with it. The rest can stay on there for all I care. Most Valuable Lesson Learned: When it starts snowing, lower umbrella - even if it is cold out there! Don't ask me how I know all this!

Photobucket

Poor thing, looks so cold!

Photobucket



To answer some of your questions......

Emerald Green Glassware:
Glenda: I don't think I have ever seen the water goblets - bet they are beautiful.

Lynne: These dishes came in oats - however, other kinds of dishes often came in detergent and cereal.

Domestic Designer: I have seen the small glasses and think they are juice glasses.

Rusty Metal:

lvorftiques and Ann: We were not sure if those frames were old. The place had a combination of antique, vintage, new, and reproduction (lots of reproduction).

Hope everyone has a great day.

Glenda

10 comments:

rosanna said...

Any way the snow looks great in your garden, or rather the opposite... Soon it will be over and at summer we'll regret some cold. Mini hugs

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Did you have really big snowflakes? We had some huge ones! It was lovely to enjoy the snow yesterday and know that it would be gone today!

Manuela

Kris said...

Hi Glenda, We didn't get any snow in my area. It was all to the south of us. Some of the neighboring counties got flurries and below them got several inches. It just slid right under use. Your photos are beautiful. As much as I don't like snow (if I have to be out and about) it does transform a rather dreary winter landscape.

Have a happy day

Kris

Domestic Designer said...

I am so jealous of your snow! I learned a similar lesson several years ago with an umbrella. :-) Has it all melted yet? My children still have snow and I guess it will stick around until tomorrow because it is already below freezing!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your snow pictures are beautiful.. I had to laugh when you were talking about the umbrella.. I take it you got a bit on the wet side..??? Is it still there or is your snow gone now? We got 6" and it's still here.. hugs ~lynne~

rosanna said...

Hi Glenda thank you for your concern but I didn't a true virus.Some days ago Nikki wrote about a rush of "housewifeness" and she cleaned up all the house. I did the same yesterday that's why I said I've been infected;o))
Thank you so much for the advices and your sweetness. Mini hugs

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi ya cutie.. thanks for the visit.. I'm with you.. ready for the snow to go away..it's always pretty from the inside out..lol..hopefully by Thursday it will be gone, now they're calling for rain..at least it will wash away all the salt and gunk...things are fairly quiet around here this evening..just got home from work and have some brownies in the oven..must go and check on them... hope yours is going well... hugs ~lynne~

Barb said...

Glenda, those snow pics are great. It is actually cold here in Florida too...for me anyway. Ha!

Barb

Georgia Girl said...

You did get a lot of snow...we were in macon and was excited about the snow...living in middle ga we never get this pretty white stuff.

Unknown said...

These snow pictures are beautiful! Good job!

~Liz