Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beach Party

It is time for the "Beach Party" hosted by Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/ . She is hosting this party, so everyone can show their beach related decor, such as shells, starfish, etc. Thank you Gina for hosting this event. I don't have a lot of beach related items , but do have a few shells around.

A bowl with some sand (daughter brought the sand from Florida), white crushed rock, and shells around a candle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shells on my coffee table. Took photo a while back, but they are still there.

Photobucket

A watercolor picture of shells and sand dollars that my Sister painted.

Photobucket

And the jar with shells in a window.
Photobucket
That is my contribution to "Beach Party". More than likely after I post this, I will run across a couple of other things I could have included, as that happened when I joined in the the "Feathered Friends" party. :-) If you have not already, go over to visit Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage to see what she and the other participants have to share.
Have a great day!
Glenda

21 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Nice Glenda!
I love the unusual shapes of some of those shells! Cindy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, your shells look so pretty. Did you do the "shell" lettering on that jar? It looks so great. laurie

Sue said...

Hi Glenda,
Love what you did with the seashells especially those in the jar, such beautiful colors. Your sister did a wonderful job with her watercolor, she is very talented.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

grannyann said...

Love your shell decorations.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Glenda,
You have some wonderful shells! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marie said...

Hello Glenda - love all your shells! I spy a seashell ball in your display. That's my favorite! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Love all the shells epically the arrangement on your coffee table.

http://domesticprincessintraining.blogspot.com

jenni said...

Your sister is a talented painter! And I love those glass urns; I've been wanting to get some myself but I'm not sure they'd last long in my house...

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

The shells on your coffee table are a wonderful collection!

And OH MY GOODNESS! I love your sister's watercolor painting!

What a fun Beach Party!

Blessings & Aloha!

Marianne said...

Love the fact that you haven't just got any sand in there with your candle, but sand your daughter brought for you. Isn't it nice when our vignettes can have memories and connections like that.

Barbara Jean said...

Love that watercolor picture.
blessings,
Barbara jean

Unknown said...

Hi Glenda,
Great painting by your sister.
Did you do the wording on the shell jar? I really liked that.
Sandy

Unknown said...

Those shells in the jars are sooo pretty! I love that look!

Thanks for joining me!

Domestic Designer said...

Love it! You did a great job!

stefanie said...

cute beach touches

Blue Creek Home said...

And lovely contributions they are!
I always love the look of shells in clear glass.
The water color that your sister painted is just beautiful. Rhonda

Leanne said...

I love your shells in the jar and the lettering on it. Very pretty! I love the color inside the shells with the candle. Beautiful!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love, love, love the watercolor your sister did. And all it takes is a few shells to have a beachy decor. And I know what you mean about finding more things after you have posted. Happens to me all the time.

cherry said...

love your collection and the watercolor would go perfect in my bedroom ..lol thank you for stopping by. hugs,Cherry

Drawn to The Sea said...

The little purple shells are so very sweet. That little pop of color!


~Julia

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.