Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bit of Bling

When on a road trip recently, had a bit of down time before a wine and cheese event, and it was to hot to relax on the balcony - no cool breeze even tho it was on a lake. Hot out there.............
So pulled out my jewelry supplies I took with me (see - I can make a mess on a table where ever I go), and played a bit. Almost had it finished by the time I remembered to take a before pic.........
The brooch I bought at an estate sale that I posted about here. The after pictures I took there were pretty dark, so retook when got home. Then after a bit of "fluff and puffing"............
After
Photobucket


Very Victorian looking don't you think?
Photobucket
Also, made this one for one of my Grands, but forgot to take a pic, so daughter sent one she took. Grand chose the faux pearls and red crystals for me to combine with the vintage crucifix for her.
Photobucket
My small attempts at being creative lately.

Will be joining Susan @ "Metamorphosis Monday"
Kim @ "Wow Us Wednesday"
Debra @ "Vintage Inspiration"
Cindy @ "Show and Tell Friday"

Have a great week!
Glenda

12 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

They're both beautiful Glenda. Look how inspired you were from being away for a few days. Very pretty!!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I think you did a fantastic job! Both are very beautiful. Looks like a pretty organzied mess to me.
Hugs,
Jann

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Wow Glenda,
Those both turned out beautiful. I'm especially in love with what you did with the estate sale brooch. Wow! : )
M.L.

Kim said...

Wow! I never would have thought to do something like that Glenda, but what a fantastic touch! Great job.
xoxo,
Kim
p.s. I'm from Jersey so you know I love me some bling!

Donna said...

Gorgeous pieces and treasures for years to come! You are so talented. I can make a mess anywhere too!
Hugs,
Donna

The Old Parsonage said...

My kinda girl - crafting on the go:)

Loved the cross and beads too!

Leann

BTW - I accidently deleted a bunch of comments by accident - sorry.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, your creations are gorgeous. What a lucky grand to get to pick her own embellishments and have a grandmother who can design beautiful jewelry for her. Have a great week. laurie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Really beautiful Glenda!
You should really set up and etsy account, link it to your blog and start selling!
Love the view out there too!

Richard Cottrell said...

All girls like a bit of bling, me too, but in the house not on me. Keep up the good work. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Cheryl said...

Your jewelry is always so lovely. I am looking forward to making some pieces soon myself :-)
big hugs,
Cheryl

Brenda Pruitt said...

It's very pretty! I'm sure you can find a table to spread out on most anywhere you go!
Brenda

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is gorgeous, Glenda! thanks for linking up to the party!