Saturday, September 28, 2013

Somebody Moved !!!

No - Not me !   I Wish .
Someone decided they needed a bigger abode.  Think that will be enough cabinet space in the master bath vanity?
Yes - It does have  double sinks....
New appliances that came with the house - manuals and paperwork attached..... 
 The "little redhead cupid" found out it was fun to push the different levers on the ice/water dispensers on the door. Ooops!!!
Don't think that will be enough cabinets?
 Then check out the other side....
Yes - that is real wood paneling and cabinets in the kitchen and a room off the kitchen. What will they do to update the  look  you ask?  They have already been looking at all the possibilities, but not in a hurry to make any decisions/changes.  The great news -  New carpet, flooring, counter tops, paint through out, and baths have all new fixtures.  The previous owners  left a few of the wall heaters in different locations around the house after installing central air.  I am thinking that was a smart move  in case the central heat ever went out.  Daughter plans to put something decorative in front of them that can be easily moved if the units are needed.

OH! What will she do with that huge kitchen and all the cabinets?   No worry - She does a lot of cooking, freezing, canning, making jams and jellies, has a lot of craft/redo projects going on, big kitchen table for family meals, and where homework will be done.

Now.... If I can get her to remember to take before and after pictures of each project so I can post about all their accomplishments.
 *******
Is everyone thrilled about the big move?  Absolutely NOT!
She called when taking a load of furniture to their new (to them) abode, and in the back ground I could hear a certain furbaby meowing (actually yelling)  at the top of his lungs.  
Remember this sweet face?
 Well....It seems that sweet furbaby, did NOT have the same enthusiasm  about relocating as the other family members.
I think he was happier setting in the window alerting "his family" of the dangers of a runaway horse in "his driveway", or fighting off neighborhood cats picking on strays looking for a meal.
Talked with her later, and she said he had settled down a bit.  He is getting on up in the years, and we were concerned how he would adjust to this move. 
*******
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, and looking forward to a great week!
Glenda  




13 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

Cats don't take well to being relocated. I know that from personal experience!
Brenda

Okio B Designs said...

Holy moly! That's a lot of cabinets! I'd go to town with that much storage.

Jeanine

Donna said...

What a big kitchen! I am sure your daughter will make use of all the space. I would hate to think what my cats would think if I picked them up and moved them :(
Hugs,
Donna

Our Hopeful Home said...

I would love to get my hands on that kitchen! Seriously, wow! Can't wait to see what she does with it!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow, look at all that cabinet space in the bathroom and the kitchen. I'm sure she'll have them filled up in no time. Happy to hear their sweet fur baby is starting to adjust.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to get ahold of that wood and those cabinets. What fun to be had!

20 North Ora said...

That is one huge kitchen with a ton of cabinets.

I am your newest follower. Thought I already was - old age you know makes you do things like that. LOL

Judy

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh what a gorgeous kitchen. She will be in heaven!!! Our newlyweds have a similar type kitchen - I'm jealous!

Enjoy your week sweet friend!

Sue said...

It is amazing how quickly all those cabinets will fill up!

We actually painted wood paneling in our last house's family room. We prepped it with liquid sandpaper and painted it a light color. It brightened the room and updated without costing a fortune.

xinex said...

I can easily fill those cabinets with plates, lol. Congrats to your daughter on the new house, it's beautiful and looks very functional...Christine

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow what a great kitchen!! Congrats to your daughter on the new house. I hope you keep us posted about what she does!

Cheryl said...

Oh how exciting!!! What great fun! Those cabinets are fabulous! My daughter painted her cabinets and the whole kitchen looks like it had new cabinets installed! The product she used is called: RUST-OLEUM Transformations Here is the link for the product: http://rustoleumtransformations.com/ I would highly suggest she try this product, the results were/ARE amazing!!!
big hugs,
Cheryl

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

It looks like a wonderful place! I know she is going to have fun filling up all of those cabinets! Hope the kitty settles in ok. laurie