Wednesday, November 6, 2013

One of Those Days......

You wake up to rain - lots of rain......
My daughter took this pic looking out  her living room window - the reflection 
is from the room behind her.
So what to do on a day like this?  You bake muffins...
or  cinnamon rolls.  Ready to go in the oven...
Or if you have a "hungry gang" - you bake both !
 Or take the easy way out and just go take a nap (like something I would do).....
Click picture to enlarge.
**********
 Linking up with "Share Your Cup Thursday"
                           "Anything Blue Friday"
                            "Mosaic Monday"

*******
"Acceptance Speech"
 I would like to thank my daughter who contributed all these pics  of  "goings on at her abode"  used in the production of this post.  I could not have done it without her, as I have not done any "real" baking in years, and sadly don't have a sweet furbaby at my house.  Now the rainy view?  Yep!  I could have easily come up with one of those (not sure about the reflection).
(Keep smiling - makes people wonder what you are up to!)

Dab of This and That
Glenda 

17 comments:

Rattlebridge Farm said...

We awoke to ferocious winds, and we're just now getting the gloom.
Your goodies look delicious!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Loved the first one with the reflection:)

Mmm...I could go for a muffin or sweet roll!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Leann

Patty Antle said...

It rained all day in Indiana too. It's just that time of the year now. Baking sounds like a great thing to do! Your treats look great!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The smell from all that wonderful baking must have been something else at her house!

It was so hot today I had to put on shorts and a short sleeved shirt!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What an interesting picture with the reflection. It really has been such a dreary day. I've felt sleepy all day, so I identified with the pic of the sleeping cat. laurie

Donna said...

Thank you to your daughter for the pics :) I wish I had a cinnamon roll!! I have the kitties :)
Hugs,
Donna

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

She sure did a good job capturing a little bit of fall. I can smell those cinnamon rolls!

Brenda Pruitt said...

A lot of blogs I'm reading are talking about rain. It rained here a few days ago. Now just cold.
Brenda

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I agree baking on a rainy day is a good idea! Love your blue bowls. I live in northern Michigan- we've had lots of rain lately and even some snow!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love baking on rainy days. No baking here today. A beautiful 60 something degrees! Thanks for sharing with SYC. The napping dog is too cute.
hugs,
Jann

eileeninmd said...

It was a cold windy day today, nice to stay inside warm and cozy like the furbaby. The muffins and cinnamon rolls look yummy! Have a happy week ahead!

A Garden of Threads said...

Perfect on a cold rainy day. Have a wonderful week:)

betty-NZ said...

I love to bake when the weather is icky. We don't have any Pillsbury cans of biscuits and rolls here in New Zealand, so I have to do it from scratch!

Snap said...

Great ideas on a rainy day ... nap and let someone else bake! :) Have a great week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't bake much any more either but everything looks yummy. It's nice to stay inside on rainy days and take it easy! Sweet hugs!

bj said...

I bake....a lot....:)
We so need rain out here in West Texas....
Have a good week...Happy Blues..

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Rain mixed with the first snow flakes here today :( If we weren't babysitting the 2 grandsons I'd probably be baking too.

Thanks again, very much, for your kind comments recently :)