So thought this would be a good time to do one of my "Dab of This and That Rambles".
*******Christmas rolled around way to fast this year, and for whatever reason, I just never got into the spirit of things. I don't like typing those words as it is my favorite holiday. However, so many things going on that tend to take away from......
Hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays. It does not matter if you had a house full of guests, attended events outside of your home, with tons of tasty treats, or just enjoyed some quiet time reflecting on the true "Reason for the Season".
*******I want to say a "Great Big Thank You" to all the bloggers out there that have shared their beautiful Christmas and Holiday decorations. I did so little decorating this year, I did not bother to take pics, but did share some of my daughter's handiwork.
*********No "Resolutions" being made here for the New Year, as I am not good at keeping them anyway. But will try to accomplish a few things that are "past due being accomplished". In no particular order......
1. Get back to more physical activity such as walking more - have really slacked due to other issues, and can really tell the difference in the way I feel. May take a while to get back into the habit, as "it is cold out there"!! Guess I could start making more trips up and down the stairs. Several years ago during extreme temperature times, I would go to a mall often to walk, but that got old for several reasons.
2. Attempt to eat a bit healthier. I will be the first to admit, I have really got off track in this category. Main reason stress! I am not one to eat a lot when under a lot of stress, and usually do the opposite, and nurse a cup of coffee, graze instead of eating a balanced diet, etc..
3. Force myself to walk away from people/situations (regardless of the relationship) that cause the stress that is affecting my health/life in a negative way. Nuff said!
4. Work on my blog look!!! Yeah - I know! It is sorta/kinda way past due for an update. My original reasons for starting a blog went down the tube long ago, so need to revamp or take a break.
5. Finish the decluttering job around my abode I started - How long ago?!? So long ago, I have forgotten when.
6. Get some repairs, painting, etc done, that should have been done long ago. One of those things just have not wanted to deal with. Not to mention, it seems like every time I get ready to call "the handyman" to do the work, something else comes along and takes a hit on the bank account. We all know how that goes.
7. Start repurposing misfit pieces of vintage jewelry and found objects again. I have not worked on any creations in some time now. Everyday life does have a tendency to get in the way of creativity does it not?
And the list goes on (as usual)........Will I accomplish any of the above? I have no no clue, but will give it a try - #3 being the hardest.
I am sure I have left many out, but it is a start. Step #1 - I just need to get off this computer and get it done!!!!
How about you? Do you have any particular things you want to accomplish in the new year? Please share - Would like to hear yours also.
What ever your plans have a great week!!
ETA: I just realized there is no picture. Sorry, will try to do better.