Saturday, March 28, 2015

More Signs of Spring....


Have really been lax in taking pictures of the beautiful Spring blooms this year, so a few days ago I went on a mission - with camera in hand. Went to the ole standby areas, and was a bit disappointed. Don't know if I was too late or too early.
One mission was to see if there were any signs of the wisteria in bloom on the silos.  It was still just a mass of brown vines - so a bit too early.  The picture in my current header is one I took  5 or 6 years ago. Have taken pics since, however, the color of the blooms was not as vivid.
Did find some daffodils in their glory,
and this lady still had her Spring attire on.
Ms. long neck goose was there, but Mr. was not which is unusual. Usually if you see one, the other is not far away.  They are bad about strolling across the road in the middle of traffic, so hoping he did not meet his demise.
******
Click on mosaics to enlarge.

Linking up with "Mosaic Monday"
                           "Outdoor Wednesday"
Dab of This and That
Glenda



15 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

At least you found some pretty spring blooms to photograph. That wisteria is quite a sight!

bj said...

We don't have much blooming around here as yet and sure ready for them.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I'm impressed you found anything blooming! Nothing here yet.....and boy I can't wait (even if it does bring on my families' allergies!)
xoKathleen

eileeninmd said...

The daffies are pretty and the blossoming tree is beautiful. I would love to see this wisteria in bloom. Have a happy new week!

Joyful said...

Beautiful shots!

I know exactly what you mean about disappointment in not seeing the usual Spring blossoms. I've been finding that to be the case too over the last two years of so. Due to weird weather the blossoms are coming far too early and they don't quite mature the same way.

Enjoy the Easter week ahead.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

No spring blooms for me yet so I will have to enjoy your daffodils and blossoms.
Haha, the goose had you pegged! Fun humour!
Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Glenda.

Donna said...

Can't wait to see spring blooms here...

handmade by amalia said...

We're a bit ahead of you on the spring front - almost anything that can bloom does so with gusto :-) But you will laugh come summer.
Amalia
xo

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I have a hunch it's still a little early judging from the winter we've had. We only have daffodil leaves poking through the dead leaves but no signs of any flowering anything here yet! Pretty tree!

LV said...

I love flowers, but due to crazy weather, not many around yet. Yours are very pretty.

must love junk said...

So pretty! I can't wait until we have blooms here! Happy Easter :)
Susan

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Aww, sure wish spring had sprung here! Have a blessed Easter.

Light and Voices said...

Lovely blooms and so happy Spring is around the corner there too.
JM

bj said...

Beautiful photos of beautiful blooms...Happy Easter

20 North Ora said...

Love that photo on your header! Gorgeous. Happy Easter to you and yours.

Judy