Friday, June 5, 2015

Jam or Preserves....

Whatever it is - it sure is good!  Daughter makes fresh strawberry jam each Spring during strawberry season.  I called it her strawberry preserves, but she corrected me and said it was jam.  What ever it is, it sure is good.  Where she buys her berries, they sell out early each day, and due to a short growing season this year, she came close to missing out on getting local grown berries. So sweet, so good!
Wash, hull, mash those berries up, add sugar and pectin...........
and before you know it, you have jars of yummy strawberry jam.
Yes - some of those jars of jam are mine - all mine !!!
*********
Click on picture to enlarge.
********
 Oh! She said slathering a bit on a piece of chocolate bread is not to shabby either!
Me? Just a dab on some skillet toast and I am happy!
*******
Linking up with:  "Mosaic Monday"
Dab of This and That
Glenda

11 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It looks so delicious! Nothing like good fresh strawberries!!!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh yum, yum! I remember making freezer jam oh so many years ago. This is sure making me hungry, enjoy each and every jar. fondly ~lynne~

eileeninmd said...

Oh, lucky you! The strawberries and jam sound delicious. Enjoy! Have a happy Monday and new week ahead!

Cranberry Morning said...

There's nothing quite like fresh strawberry jam! And it's so beautiful. I've always thought that jam is when all the berries are mashed up; whereas preserves are what we call it when we try to keep some of the fruit in bigger pieces. I have no idea where I learned that from or if it is true, but I'll stick with it. LOL Beautiful photos. Makes me want to go out to the garden and sing to my strawberry plants - to encourage them to hurry up!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Your daughter's jam looks delicious, Glenda! Not quite strawberry time here yet but I hope I can get some at the Farmers' Market.

Donna said...

The best is homemade jam and preserves...looks so delicious.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Our strawberries should be ready soon and I'll be taking my baskets to the farm where you pick your own.
If I bake some scones and make tea, will you bring a jar of your strawberry jam? :-)
Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Glenda.

Debby Ray said...

There is nothing quite as beautiful as a bright red fresh strawberry...except for maybe a bright red jar of strawberry jam!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Yum, my mom always made jams, too. Maybe I should give it a try. Thanks for the recipe.
Hugs,
Patti

xinex said...

Yum! Love how red and sweet the strawberry looks, Glenda. I am sure the jam is excellent...Christine

handmade by amalia said...

Lucky you! This strawberry jam looks delicious.
Amalia
xo