Friday, August 28, 2015

A Dab of This and That Ramble....

Even tho the predicted temps for the next week do not hint that Fall is just around the corner.....
Click on pictures to enlarge.
there are other signs.  Daughter is busy with her crochet needles and yarn,  adding to her family's supply of beanies to keep their heads warm when the temps drop below "just a nip" in the air.
I see a jar of the well known Fall candy has been added to the table already.  Hmmm! Reminds me -  I need to add a bag of autumn mix to my shopping list.
 *******
She is picking the last of the tomatoes and cucumbers from their garden.
Many of the tomatoes are being picked green and put in the window to ripen to keep the pests from damaging them.
******
  Even the early morning shadows are starting to look a bit different....
******
Linking up with: "Mosaic Monday"
                            "Outdoor Wednesday"
                            "Share Your Cup Thursday"

Yep! Change is in the air!
Dab of This and That
ETA:  Nothing like  finding a fruit fly or a gnat (not sure what it is)  doing the back stroke in your glass of wine !!! Geesh!

16 comments:

Patty Antle said...

I welcome these changes. I love Fall. Thank you for stopping by today. It was so nice touching base with you, Glenda.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This is my favorite time of the year. I'm so tired of the heat and just love our cooler evenings and mornings.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I can feel and smell the change already, even though the trees in the yard aren't turning yet. Cool here this past week but we're warming up again so I hope I'll get more tomatoes to ripen too. Yes, I hate when I have to fish a tiny pest out of my wine :)

xinex said...

Yes@ Fall is almost here. Always exciting when we have a change of season.....Christine

Lorrie said...

There's definitely a change in the air. Looks like your daughter got a good harvest from her garden. Tomatoes are still ripening here, too. Those little beanies are so cute and will definitely help keep little heads warm.
Yuk to the gnat in the wineglass!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the cute beanies. And the veggies look wonderful. Pretty sky shot, it is hot and humid here today. I would welcome a little cooler temps. Gnats in the wineglass, does not sound good! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Cheryl said...

Just wait... any day now you'll be wishing for warmer temperatures. lol

Your daughter's crocheted hats are fabulous. Next time you talk with her have her look at his ladies blog: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/ She has a blog filled with fabulous FREE crochet projects that I am just positive your daughter would LOVE! She has some adorable hats for kids that I am sure a certain red head would look lovely wearing :-)
big hugs,
Cheryl

Donna said...

Even with the signs of change the temps are summery so the garden continues to grow...i just planted a fall garden even though our first frost will be in about 6 weeks.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

All the signs are there for autumn but I think most of us like this season so it is welcome. Nice to see the bounty from gardens, I only have carrots and beets left to dig from my tiny patch.
I've have little swimmers in my wine before too, it's when you put it down and go to get something and the dog is lapping it up that frosts me. LOL
Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Glenda.

LV said...

Nothing better than a good, old home grown tomatoes. I love them.

carol l mckenna said...

Great post to remind us Autumn is coming despite the temps ~ love the needlework!

Happy Day to you,
artmusedog and carol

Donna Wilkes said...

I wish the tomatoes would last through the winter. A gnat in your wine - oh, no, he didn't!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Those beanies are adorable and love fresh tomatoes!

handmade by amalia said...

It is still hot and humid here but if you get up early in the morning you can't miss the early signs of fall. I love this season.
Amalia
xo

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Definitely signs of fall! We are seeing it here. Drove up two different canyons yesterday and today. Saw beautiful fall colors in both. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

NCSue said...

Nice collection of shots.
Please drop by each week for Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) to link up! Here's this week's linky:
http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/allium-glorious.html