Saturday, December 26, 2009

Yummy Pecans & Going on Strike!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas ! It is hard to believe that another Christmas has come and gone. The original plans were to have Christmas at my home tomorrow (Sunday). Then a couple of days before Christmas , some decided to come over Christmas day also. Had already planned to have ham for Sunday, so back to the grocery for a small turkey. I am thinking very seriously about going on strike next year. :-)


I love pecans, and had some that I wanted to do something different with, then Michael Lee West @ Designs By Gollum posted her recipe for Tabasco Pecans. Click here for the recipe http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2009/12/have-you-tried-tabasco-pecans.html. I can't handle the heat, but the rest of the ingredients sounded good, and she said the tabasco and garlic were optional, so decided to give them a try. Let me tell you!!! You can't eat just one! They were a big hit. The only thing I did different - I used a little garlic powder instead of the minced garlic (because I forgot the garlic when went to the store), and omitted the tabasco sauce. If I knew how much to use more for the flavor without them being to hot, I would have used some. But I was not about to take a chance and get them to hot for me. Let me tell you - these things are addictive. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe - I will be making them again.


Photobucket
OK - off to make a check off list - what time to put the ham in the oven, have it done and ready for the potatoes to go in the oven, then what time the sweet potato casserole goes in, etc., etc., etc.
Enjoy the Holidays!!
Glenda

16 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

The pecans look wonderful, Glenda! I would have to make two batches, one hot and one not!:-)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Glenda, these look so yummy..Your blog header picture is totally awesome girl... hope everything got checked off your list...
hugs ~lynne~

Domestic Designer said...

The pecans look wonderful! Hope your dinner goes well tomorrow.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, I just wanted to reach into that pan and grab a hand full of pecans. They look so delicious!I'm thinking of going on strike next Christmas too! (But, I think that every year after the holidays). laurie

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi There, Sweet Friend! Those pecans look delicious! I am going to make some of those this week!

susan said...

Glenda-I was going to do those myself and just ran short of time. I think will go ahead and make them for New Years--I may do one hot batch and one without the Tabasco! You are probably busy as bee right now--it's Sunday!! Have another :) merry Christmas and take care. ps--Isn't it gorgeous out there ?!

grannyann said...

I will have to try that, I love pecans.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Yumm! We like it spicy so I would keep the tabasco. I'll have to make these for my husband as he loves all kinds of nuts (inlcuding me) LOL!

Manuela

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh yes! THis looks like a great snack for New Years! Yummy!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

the pecans look so good...love your blog...So glad to be back to reading my favorite blogs....and off a ladder decorating trees...
I am so glad that I joined the blog world....and have made so many sweet friends....Blessings in 2010

Barb said...

Glenda, what a great pic. I love pecans. Yummy!!!!!

Happy New Year!
Barb ♥

Donna said...

The pecans look delicious. I will have to try them. I love pecans.

Brenda Pruitt said...

If it has pecans, I will eat it. I don't care what else is in it. This looks delicious! By the way, is your miniature greenhouse on your sidebar like a little fairy garden? I am so curious about it! Would love to see what you have inside better!
Brenda

Cass @ That Old House said...

You show me a pecan, and I am yours. These look FAB U LOUS. Yummm.

I'd have to keep them away from Dion the dog, but I just may have to try these for the New year's parties.

LOVE the new blog header... so dreamy!
Cass

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, those look so so good! Happy New Year Glenda!
Hugs, Cindy

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Welp...I did it. And I have eaten about 2 lbs of pecans. Ehh.
But man! Are those good!
I used tabasco.