Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year Resolutions!?!?

Photobucket
"I do not do well with making and keeping New Year's Resolutions. Many years I made them and they went by the wayside before the end of January - actually before the first week of January was over or Jan. 2nd or 3rd. So I won't make resolutions, but I am updating my "To Do List" to start the year off right. Yeah! I know, the "To Do List" - The one that the only time it gets my attention, is when I recognize it's existence so I can add something else on the list. You really don't want to know how long some of those things have been on the list (how long have I lived here?). So my New Year's Resolution (scratch that) - "To Do List" (nope, that title does not get my attention either) How about "Don't Turn on the Computer List". Get up (don't turn on computer), and eat breakfast (ugh!). I am not a breakfast person, unless I have been up for a while and someone else does the cooking and cleaning up after. Anyway, eat a few bites so can take vitamins - 1/2 of banana will work (don't turn on computer). Get dressed and put on a face - just in case I have to run out or someone comes to the door ( don't turn on the computer). Get list out - #1 requires a trip to Home Depot or Lowes - Okee Dokee! DO NOT GIVE UP AND TURN ON THE COMPUTER. Do you see what my problem is here??

Does anyone know where I can hire a very qualified "handy man", who can do plumbing, electrical work, painting, carpentry (and the list goes on). He must be cheap, licensed (cheap), insured (cheap), bonded (cheap), honest (cheap) handy man (did I say cheap?)."

Some of you may be saying "Where have I read this before" ? Yep - I wrote that post Jan 1, 2009. I started a post yesterday and went back to work on it this morning, and thought this sounds like what I wrote this time last year. Soooooo - to save me some work, I C&P the old post. Nothing has changed - It all still applies ! ! :-D Now off to make a couple of phone calls I should have made 2 days ago.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ! !
Glenda

15 comments:

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I know, some days the first thing I do is have a cup of coffee and turn on the computer! I don't make resolutions either, I have goals I want to accomplish and things I want to do list. I did some of what I had on my list for this year and some will just get put on the new list. No pressure!

I'm feeling really good about this coming year. More optimistic than I've felt in a long time. So I think it's going to be a good one!

Happy New Year!

Manuela

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I dont make resolutions. I feel God has a more devine plan than I could ever come up with. He's in control so I give it to him. He knoews my needs.
Happy New year!

Sue said...

List? Resolutions? Hah! Many believe that I portray the epitome of the most organized person around, when in reality, I fly by the seat of my pants! LOL I get things done, but work best under the pressure of a deadline. I have become a procrastinator. So not what I used to be... I therefore resolve not to make any resolutions I cannot or will not keep! Life will take me where it wants to and I'll do my best to cooperate.
Wishing you all the best for the upcoming new year. Hugs, Sue

time worn interiors said...

Happy New Year from our house to yours!
TOT

Anonymous said...

That's too funny and familiar. I get the coffee going, and turn on the computer first thing. I gotta have time to wake up, don't I? If you find that handyman, how about sending him my way when you're done with him. Rosie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I don't do resolutions!

Happy New Year, Glenda!

The Old Parsonage said...

Your funny. I have the same routine, start the coffee and then the computer.

Happy New Year!
Leann

Cass @ That Old House said...

I'm so bad that my computer is STILL ON when I get up -- we rarely turn it off.

Your resolutions made me laugh -- mostly because they are almost identical to MINE.

Happy 2010!
Cass

cindy said...

Well crack me up! Ah well, at least you have continuity in your life :)

Happiest of New Years! Here's to a shorter 'to do list' as the year progresses.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Your "to do list" sounds just like me. I too can use the handy man. Wishing you God's best for 2010. Martha

Monica said...

Ha! You made me smile!:))
This will be my second year only of making resolutions (but I don't make to-do lists)... I reached the goal last year, I hope the very same for this one. I REALLY need to learn how to slow down and relax!
Happy New Year, Glenda!
Monicax.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I loved it! Thanks for the smile, Glenda!

Happy New Year to you!

2 Dogs said...

Happy New Year to you! I'm debating if I want to make out my 'to do list' or not. :-) Hugs

Unknown said...

I'm having a New Years Give away... Stop by if you get a chance and enter. Have a wonderful new year!
~Really Rainey~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Glenda, I have to say the computer is my next best friend...lol.. up all hours of the night, visiting and trying to create. I probably should try doing something a bit more creative, but this does pass the time.. Happy New Year my friend..
hugs ~lynne~