Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another All New Materials

I am behind in visiting/snooping around the land of blog these days. Does that mean I have accomplished a lot on my "To Do" list ? Of course not ! Just other things going on, and have been out and about a lot. Needless to say being out and about in the heat we have been having has not been fun.
This is a "vintage inspired" necklace I made a few weeks ago, but using all new materials.



I keep looking at it, thinking the glass pearls are to large....
LinkI may change them out for a smaller bead, but not now. Supplies have been put away for now, with other things going on and table space needed. I really need to do something about a better work space.

Linking up @ "Share Your Cup Thursday" "Vintage Inspired Friday"
"Show and Tell Friday"
"Metamorphosis Monday"
"Tweak It Tuesday"
"Wow us Wednesday"
Glenda

14 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Beautiful creation Glenda. Love the cameo and I think the pearls work!!

Unknown said...

I think it looks great.

Cynthia said...

I love this nechlace with the pretty cameo.

Cynthia

Donna said...

Brings back memories! I have a cameo around here in a jewelry box somewhere. Love yours.
Hugs,
Donna

Our Hopeful Home said...

So pretty, Glenda! Wherever did you find the cameo? I have a special pair of cameo earrings that were given to me as a gift years ago, I still treasure them.

Something Special said...

Oh I love your new piece and that silver piec. Sometimes i polish the silver and sometimes i just leave it alone. I am a new follower here.

The Old Parsonage said...

Glenda


Love, Love, Love that cameo piece -it's perfect!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Leann

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Change of pace is always welcomed in the summer. Not getting around as much as I normally do either.

Michele said...

I don't think the beads are too large. It looks wonderful. Lots of women, especially taller ones, look great in dramatic pieces like that. You're very talented.

Sue said...

I think you should leave the glass pearls as is, Glenda! The piece is lovely. :-) Sue

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I think it's beautiful just as it is!
Brenda

Sue said...

Pretty! One of the things we did on vacation was get the next generation of our girls together to go through the jewelry of my moms that my sister and I didn't take when she died. We found a vintage cameo and earrings that my niece (a lawyer) decided would be good for her to wear to work.

I have been on a blogging vacation without really planning to be. Between the heat and our trip, a few family issues and some major yard damage when we got home...I just haven't been inspired to write or read anything. Oh well, such is life...I'm trying to get back into it a bit!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Glenda I think it's great just the way it is. Love, love the cameo! Thanks once again for sharing your talent with Share Your Cup!
Hugs,
Jann

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh, it's gorgeous, I love cameos!!