Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Picnic In the Woods?

Click on photos to enlarge.
A closer look -  think I will pass.....
Looks inviting, but between the swarms of mosquitoes, and not to mention the "mother to be" raccoon lounging around the area in daylight hours.  Everyone was keeping their distance from her.
Then lots of these characters were  jumping out of the trees onto the decks, tables, etc., looking for a handout every time they saw a human.
  All of them looked like they were well fed - apparently getting lots of treats.
There are paths (very steep) to walk down to the lake. Have I hiked down that steep hill to the water? Yes -  many years ago and no plans on ever doing it again.  Going down was not bad, but the climb back up - Oh My!



Linking up @ "Outdoor Wednesday"
                       "Mosaic Monday"
Have a great week!

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

lol.... all signs your getting old. If you were younger... you'd be running up and down those paths, feeding the raccoon and squirrels and swatting at those mosquitoes lol (I'd still feed those animals though, but I would be inside on a nice comfy chair somewhere lol)

20 North Ora said...

Looks like a beautiful place to relax tho. Those darn mosquitoes can sure ruin an outside retreat. Enjoy!

Judy

Gretchen said...

How funny that we were thinking in similar thoughts. Thanks for visiting my blog again, after a long vacancy on it. Enjoy your week.
Gretchen

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It looks like such a cozy place to sit and relax. Those critters have the humans figured out.

bj said...

I am such a sissy girl....I like the outdoors but I want to eat INside. :))
Over from Outdoor Wed.
O, and I just linked to follow. Come by to see me when you can...:)

Sue said...

I still have this fantasy in my head about beautiful picnics. I have a wonderful picnic basket/case and I don't get rid of it because I so want to have the pretty scene with the quilt, the beautifully packaged food and tea in mason jars...the reality of heat, bugs and critters (my biggest fear is ticks) makes every attempt completely unpleasant! Picnics for me are on my deck, so I can come inside the minute it gets bad.

Donna said...

I'm with you going down to the lake is a piece of cake but coming back up would be awful!
Love the pics.
Hugs,
Donna

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Oh I never am comfortable eating outside on a table - there are always chiggers and ants etc.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That does look like a long way down but what a pretty, wooded place. If there are mosquitos, I would definitely opt for an indoor picnic :)

The Old Parsonage said...

I love the outdoors, but not the bugs or other wildlife, or the heat. Yep I'd probably rather stay inside if there's a lot of the things that I mentioned:)

Thanks for all the sweet wedding wihses - 1 week to go!
Leann

A Garden of Threads said...

Everyone enjoys a picnic:)

Ingmarie We said...

Very sweet and special mosaics. I love to eat outside but not in the woods.

My name is Riet said...

What a beautiful place to sit for a while . LOve your mosaic.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely and peaceful spot for a picnic. The raccoons can be pretty brazen. They are coming up to my deck for my birdseed. Beautiful photos and mosaic. Have a happy week!