Saturday, July 26, 2014

Not much going on in the courtyard on a hot Summer day....
The usual annuals are there, but did make a mistake this year.  For years have planted wax begonias in the wall planters as they  seem to tolerate the heat best.  This year planted impatiens and they are struggling.

These two characters have continued to do their damage.  I think that "tree rat" (squirrel) would look healthier if it would stick to a diet of nuts, acorns and other normal squirrel food, and stop munching on my petunias, and wax begonias.  "Chubs"  the chipmunk has fattened up on something. It digs in the pots uprooting plants, but does not appear to be eating any - so far.
******
Recent visitors to daughter's flower bed: The frog hangs around if not in the flower bed, then in a potted plant.
One ugly frog!
 One very large moth. Think the wing span gets 5 to 6 ins. or larger.
******
Not something I would pick to do on a hot Summer day, but she baked 12 loaves (different flavors) of friendship bread to stock the freezer.  To me it is more of a cake instead of a bread.
Chocolate Chip
 None of it will be stored in her vintage bread box, as it is being used for magazines...
 ********
  So, what is going on around your abode on a hot Summer day ?
Just another Dab of This and That ramble...
Glenda

ETA:  Not sure what is going on, but my email account is being flooded with spam, etc.. At first it was going into the spam folder, and now some has spilled into regular mail. Emails that appear to be coming from someone that it is not.
If anyone receives an email that appears to be from me asking for money or any other kind of  help, and/or has an attached link  - DO NOT open as it did not come from me! Please let me know if that happens.
 

11 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your courtyard always looks so cozy. Oh wow that bread looks delicious! Thanks for the warning about the email, hope you can get rid of the spammers.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your courtyard always looks so cozy. Oh wow that bread looks delicious! Thanks for the warning about the email, hope you can get rid of the spammers.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I love the wall planters and the statue! I also love brick (our house is all brick). Funny, I always plant impatiens every year and never have a problem. But this year I, too, got some duds that haven't done well. Go figure:)
xo Kathleen

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love friendship bread, sounds yummy with all those chocolate chips!
Summer has been kind to your courtyard, it looks beautiful!
Hugs,
Patti

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'm sorry you are having trouble with spam. I haven't received emails like that from you. You'd think people would have something better to do with their time! Yes, impatiens like it cool and shady! Not too late to switch plants in your climate, is it?

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hi Glenda
The planters on your brick wall look so attractive. Waxy Begonias sound like the ideal flowers for the heat.
The squirrels are so cute - we don't have them in New Zealand! I saw them when we were in the UK and couldn't believe how quickly they moved!
Enjoy summer!
Shane

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Darn that fat little squirrel! Yup, only nuts for him. lol! 12 loaves of bread, how fabulous!
hugs,
Jann

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I hope you get at least one of the loaves of that bread. yum! With all of the campaigning we were doing, I didn't get any flowers planted this year. I'm kind of enjoying not having to worry about watering every day. laurie

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your courtyard looks really pretty! Wow 12 different flavors of bread! That's really good to have those stocked in the freezer. At least she won't have to bake that again for a while!

Cheryl said...

Tree rats...lol.. thats funny. I have several big fat possums in my yard. I would gladly trade you for those "tree rats" lol
big hugs,
Cheryl

The Old Parsonage said...

I'm not big on squirrels either - outside "wild" animals creep me out.

Leann