Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Dab of This and That Ramble

I have not posted a Dab of This and That Ramble for a while now - so......

Whats going on with Bill these days?: Those that read my posts regularly know the story about "Bill" showing up on my daughter's door step when it was bitter cold.  Posted here
He eventually wiggled his way inside their home when he needed a good meal, and a warm place to sleep, and hang out for a while. The bottom line - Bill (named by my Granddaughter) is definitely a outside cat.  Since the weather has warmed up, he usually comes in to eat, rest for a while, then back outside to explore the world.
She walked into the redhead cupid's room recently and found this.
When he does show up (on his schedule) daughter checks for fleas, ticks, wounds, etc., and shuts the bedroom doors when he comes inside.
********
  Countdown:  Hard to believe school is winding down in many parts of the country. She  painted a door in her house with chalk board paint, and that is where they post up coming events. Big event for the Grands - school is out in 5 days!!!
Yes - it says 9 on the door - I am just slow in adding the pic to a post.
***** 
Busy day of appointments and such.:  A good time to treat myself to a take and bake pizza from PM's. Healthy? Probably not, but so good........
Actually, it may not have been too unhealthy as it contained lots of protein, and dairy.  Not too bad on the carbs, as it was a thin, crisp crust, and I am good at not eating the excess crust. 
Right?  Right!! 
 ******
What is going on the courtyard this Spring? :  Yes - I know I usually have pics to post of annuals, ferns, etc., that I have added to my courtyard to spiffy it up for the Spring and Summer months.  I did buy several pots of annuals and ferns (not as many as previous years), but have not taken pics. Unfortunately, a couple of them have not done well, and not having a green thumb I don't know what happened.
********
 Linking up with: "Share Your Cup Thursday"

Hope everyone is enjoying the arrival of Spring, with warmer temps and beautiful flowers.
Just one of those Dab of This and That rambles.
Dab of This and That
Glenda

6 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Hi Glenda, sounds like you're keeping busy! Sorry about the plants. I planted a flower garden and I'm holding my breath since I'm a black thumb kind of girl:)My kids are done soon, too. My 8th grader is done especially early due to "graduation" and all the festivities. Summer, here we come.
xoKathleen

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I think Bill is there to stay now. Love the chalkboard painted door, very clever!!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

At least the other cat seems to be tolerating Bill a little better :) Glad he found such good people to take care of him. I can't believe your schools are out in only 5 more days! Yes, enjoying the weather here although it is still a roller coaster, temperature-wise. I love that chalkboard door. My daughter and SIL painted a door-sized wall in their kitchen when they do the same thing :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

We had a couple of cats like that. Can't blame them for wanting to be out in the glorious outdoors. Ours would meow at the door in the morning, come in make the rounds of greeting everyone then meow to go back out. One actually loved to nibble on our toes. It was the darndest thing! The door is such a fun idea and that pizza looks delicious! I am not so good a not nibbling on the extra crust. lol!
hugs,
Jann

handmade by amalia said...

The chalk board door is a brilliant idea! Love it.
Amalia
xo

Cheryl said...

Dang that pizza looks gooooooooooooooood! Is that one serving? lol.... My grand kids get out of school the first part of June. I think they make summer vacation to long don't you? The kids get so board after a few weeks off lol
I hope all is well in your part of the world :-)
big hugs,
Cheryl