Monday, January 10, 2011

I Am So Easily Distracted

Well - It was predicted and it came............
Pretty to see, but I will admire it from inside.
I have no intentions of getting out in this weather, so thought I would do something constructive.
First Project : Finish going thru Christmas decorations before putting the last of them in storage. Found some ornaments that are looking past their prime - toss in bag for trash.
Faux greenery with faux snow on it that sheds all over everything - toss in bag of trash with the ornaments that are past their prime.
Light Bulb Comes On: Betsy @ "My Salvaged Treasures" posted about using the hangers on vintage Christmas tree ornaments in some of her jewelry creations.
Dig thru trash to recover the ornaments, that are now dusted with faux snow. Shake and blow faux snow off of them.
Clean faux snow up that did not land back in trash bag ! Geeeesh!!
Dig out scissors and a knife to dig glue off of the hanger where I had attached decorations to the ornament many, many moons ago with a hot glue gun.
Got hangers removed, cleaned up and flattened out ! Yay! Thanks Betsy for sharing your great idea.
Second Project: Not a project, but cleaned leftovers out of fridge and threw in trash bag .
Third Project: Take pictures of the "past their prime" ornaments with the hangers that I planned to reuse .
Light Bulb Comes On: Dang.....The "past their prime" ornaments, minus the hangers , are now covered in leftovers "also past their prime" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Gang - but there is no way I am going to dig thru the garbage to recover those ornaments just to take pictures for my blog!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll are great, but I have my limits. Period - Point - Blank !!!!!
I need to learn to finish one thing before starting something else.

Stay warm !
Glenda

ETA: I just noticed the picture in this post was taken this morning and the one in my header was taken last Winter, and they look almost identical. :-D
ETA: Never mind - changed my header picture - again.

21 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You are just the funniest thing. I hope you get some of your projects completed. Your court yard looks "cold"... stay in and stay warm. Hugs ~lynne~

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am cracking up! I am still thinking about finishing my un-decorating! Is that even a word??

Laura said...

Oh my gosh Glenda-
we're twins!
I am the queen of distraction!

Laura

PS. Great post and thank you for your visits to my blog.

Alicia said...

lol, this is something I could have written. Lately that's what my whole life is like. Enjoy your snow!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Hi Glenda, Great minds think alike, don't they? haha. I was reading your post and said to myself "been there, done that."
I hope you come up with something wonderful with the salvaged ornament tops. I feel this way all the time...I just keep jumping from one project to another. Eventually it all gets finished.
Stay inside and keep warm.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The two pictures do look alike. I agree, if the weather is bad, either do something constructive or just curl up with a good book. Hugs, Marty

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, you sound so much like me! When I was taking down the Christmas decor, I'd start in one room and before I'd finished that room, I ended up in another room and wondered how I had gotten there! Our snow is almost melted already. I think y'all may have gotten a little more than us. It IS cold though. Stay warm. laurie

Cass @ That Old House said...

What? You won't go diving thru your wet trash for us?

I laughed out loud at this post -- love the progression of actions.

But you WILL take pics of the jewelry, right?
Deal?
Ok!
Cass

Anonymous said...

Heeheehee. I can so identify.
Stay warm and enjoy the pretty snow while it lasts!

Anonymous said...

We got our snow this afternoon. Wasn't as much as predicted, but enough to be pretty. Ours arrived via Canada, Nebraska and Kansas, rather than from across the south.

I didn't accomplish much today...took the camera in to be sent off...they say bad board...warranty still good, whew! Bought a tv that neither one of us has a clue about setting up and programming the remote. We'll be a mess. We couldn't even find the silly emergency brake on the camaro the other day...gotta drive that car more often!!

Barb said...

Glenda, wow, that is a lot of projects. You must have lots of energy....give me some! Ha.

Happy Tuesday!
Barb

Donnie said...

That was so cute and you're right about those 2 pictures...lol....Have a great day.

Monica said...

Hehe... I understand...;))
Hugs!
Monicax.

xinex said...

Ooooh, looks cold, Glenda, but sure looks pretty!...Christine

Pat Harris said...

Are you sure we aren't twins? You and I are so alike. I had more than one project started at the same time and they all just sat there for a while. I have a dog that runs out of the room and upstairs when I bring out the staple gun. So I watch how much stapling I do at a time. Poor baby. It's never easy. lol

Sue said...

Well, at least you are getting things done! I worked on tax stuff a little yesterday...and got my hair done. Today, other than a couple loads of laundry and exercising...I'm not in the mood to do a thing. Snow makes me sleepy.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, I hope you are staying warm! It's not easy these days! Brrrrr. laurie

Kim said...

You are hilarious! Nothing is ever as easy as it should be is it Glenda. Well it sounds like you got a lot more done than me. I did not use my snowed-in time very wisely - just took in a lot of TV! Ha!
xoxo,
Kim

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

hi...in regards to your question about "striking" thru a word, its simple: haha...this comment section won't let me demonstrate, so I will try it this way: before the word you want to strike, type the word strike, enclosed in the pointed parenthesis (above comma and period on keyboard),then type your word, then after the word(s) you want to strike type /strike and enclose it in the same parenthesis. Can't think of what those pointed parenthesis-thingys are called - sorry!! If this doesn't work for you, email me and I will write it in email. The strike-thru shows up when post is published...enjoy your day!

Pam Kessler said...

How funny. You've just described my morning today. Keep goig around in circles. Can't believe you didn't take a photo though.

susan said...

Glenda-You have me laughing out loud and sound just like me. My problem is that I start several projects and move on to the next before I have completed the last one. The result is one big mess and nothing checked off the "to do" list :)This bitter cold has finally gotten me at home long enough to post and visit. I LOVED the picture you sent me. She is the cutest thing ever!!!---I can't wait :)