Sunday, January 30, 2011

Warm and Sunshine on Saturday

Saturday proved to be a beautiful day. I think I heard it got up to 69, so needless to say nothing got done around the house, because I had to go play. First stop, the bead show. Had a free pass to get in (normally cost $5 ), so figured I could at least buy $5 worth of beads. As you can see I spent more than $5. After a while there, I decided I had done enough damage to my wallet and left.
My little stash of goodies. Sorry about the bad picture, as the light was reflecting off the plastic bags.
Click on picture to enlarge.
After lunch and a few other stops, I ended up with a "new to me" table and chairs for my courtyard. Best part - it was Free ! Yep! Could not beat the price. Since I was going to get a new set this Spring anyway, I saved some big money and don't feel so guilty about the splurge at the bead show. There was one catch - the person who gave the set to me wanted it moved ASAP. Big problem - There was no way it was going to fit in my car. But all ended well, as I was able to get someone with a truck to help out and it is now setting in my courtyard. Cloudy and dreary today, so will get some pictures on a day with sunshine and post another time.

Oh - The Weather: It is 62 as I sit here typing this, and the high Wednesday will only be 34. :(

The deadline for the giveaway here, is Midnight Central time, Wednesday night.

Welcome to the new readers . I am way behind in visiting around in the land of blog, and hope to get caught up a bit in the near future.
Have a great week!
Glenda

19 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like a super day and fabulous treasures. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

What a deal Glenda!

We have had a couple of glorious days here too...weather coming in tomorrow evening though.

Debbiedoos said...

Our weather was great for the past two days. My question to you though, is was the weather man correct? LOL! Great treasures Glenda.

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

What a fun day and GREAT finds ... can't wait to see your new 'set'! Thanks for the visit and hope to have you join in Porch Club real soon!
xo
Jill

Sue said...

Free is good! Sounds like a great day. It was in the 30's here this weekend and my hsuband was out washing the cars! We have a horrible winter storm heading our way...I really hope they are wrong with what they say is coming in the next couple days!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It has been a beautiful weekend here! Free sounds wonderful!

lvroftiques said...

I'm yelling "YEE HAWWW!!" for you my friend! Not only did you get rid of that snow that wouldn't go away! You also scored a free pass and bling a ding at the show AND a free table chair set AND it was delivered for you??!! I'd say that's one blessed day!! Not that they all aren't *winks* But some days are extra special blessed and I think you had one! Vanna

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I am most jealous of your weather!
Oh, just a couple of days like that would be so nice now.
Great beads too!
Cindy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Glenda, what a fun day you had girl..any time you score for FREE it's a great day..Weather here is like spring time which means weare going to be hit big time with snow real soon..the kind with no power and can't leave your driveway...Hugs and smiles Gloria

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

yay for the freeness!
finding a delivery & wow for your weather! mine is -22 celsius ")

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Glad to hear you were able to get the table and chairs back home...can't pass up a bargain like that. Looks like you were successful at the bead show. Your haul should be keeping you busy for awhile.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Glenda, you got some fabulous beads. I can only imagine how you felt with the "new" chairs for your court yard.. What a score for you!!! I'm sitting here waiting for blizzard conditions to move, they are saying we could get up to 19". I sooooo hope they are wrong. You enjoy your great weather girl..
hugs ~lynne~

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, it sounds like Saturday was a good day for you! Wasn't the weather beautiful this weekend? Sounds like it's getting ready to change quickly. Can't wait to see a picture of your table and chairs in your courtyard. How great that you got it free! Guess we better bundle up again. stay warm. laurie

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Glad you found some goodies at the bead show... and can't wait to see your table and chair set... and what a good price!!!
Blessings~~ Daphne

pamq said...

LOVE that copper chain!!!!

Lucky you to have a bead show to go to---nothing like that out here!

And even luckier to get in for free!

Picket said...

We had a gorgeous day here saturday also in the 70's...but today rain and cold! lol beautiful beads..I bet you turn them into treasures...just came by to say hello and hope you have a fantastic week...picket

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, I hope you are staying warm! laurie

The Old Parsonage said...

Love your new finds! Hope that you continue with the great weather. We're expecting .75 inches of ice over night!

Leann

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, super finds. You did good and sounds like fun. Hugs, Marty