Sunday, January 16, 2011

Simple but Good

Some times some of the simplest recipes can be some of the best treats, and one of them is a pineapple angel food cake . I had seen the recipe floating around in cyber space for a while, but never tried it. Then Sue @ I Need Mom did a post about it and posted the instructions. Even as lazy as I have gotten about baking, I thought I would give it a try during the holidays and I am glad that I did.
Mix it up - Pour it in the pan.....
Bake 30 minutes, and you have a yummy treat. I served lite cool whip to go top, but did not add the vanilla and cinnamon like Sue did (forgot about it). Had planned to have fresh strawberries with it, but grocery did not have any nice ones and I did not have time that day to drive to different stores looking for them. It was still good without them. This was a big hit.
For complete instructions go here Sue . Thanks Sue for sharing the recipe with us.
Now - since I was going to eat a lite dessert, I decided to treat myself to some sausage balls that my daughter made when she was here.
Gotta get in there with your hands to do it right.

Yummy........... The only problem I have with these, is that I eat way to many of them. :-D
You can see how the cake collapses in this picture.
Photobucket


Have a great week!
Glenda
ETA: I am not going to join any parties this week. Why - you may or may not ask ? I have some things I need to get done "tackle my to do list" , so I won't be on the computer as much this next week. I can hear those voices now "yeah right".
I will still be checking in on occasion to see what everyone is up to and visit around.

19 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Angel food is my favorite cake! But I've never had it with pineapple. So I'll be making this one for sure! And I would have the same problem with those meatballs G...They look soooo delish to me. Perfect for the miserable cold weather we're having...But they'd go straight to my butt *winks* because I'm not moving much lately. Vanna

Debbiedoos said...

I want a sausage ball too.....Great looking dessert...thanks for sharing.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

they look so, so good......Makes me so hungry...always enjoy your blog

mustard seeds said...

Yes, those sausage balls are a weakness of mine, too. Your cake looks yummy.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Both the cake and sausage balls look delicious! Enjoy your time away from the computer - we all need that from time to time.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

if those sausage balls are the ones made with cheese and bisquick - they are my FAVORITE!! Mymouth is watering thinking about them. And the cake sounds so tasty...I am copying it into my recipe file! Thanks for visiting Pandora's box and for your lovely comments

Vintagesouthernlife said...

They both look so good! Enjoy working on your to do list. That is something I need to be doing. Now that the snow has gone maybe I can get motivated to actually do some work!

Domestic Designer said...

Yummy! I am especially craving those sausage balls. Have a great week.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, I agree with that precious little grandbaby - I want some sausage balls and a piece of that cake! YUM! I'm so glad it's warmed up a little. After last week's temps, I can almost handle these temps. Hope you're getting a lot done. laurie

susan said...

Glenda-I have not tried this cake either, but sausage balls are almost always in the freezer! Those plump little cheeks just make me want to reach into the computer! Good luck on the "to do" list--it's so yucky outside--good day to stay in!

Sue said...

Thanks for sending people my way! I'm glad you liked the cake...it really doesn't get any easier than that!

Unknown said...

Pineapple angel cake sounds amazing!!!! I want that!
Take Care There :0)
Rainey

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh my goodness, it all looks so yummy. I shouldn't be looking at food when I starving and trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. Send some of it my way please;-)

Laura said...

What an amazing recipe.
Now I'm hungry!
Have fun working on your list!

Laura

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Glenda,
That cake looks so yummy! It's hard to stay on a diet when so many good recipes keep popping up on blogs!
And your granddaughter is such a cutie!
It's so much fun isn't it?
I love being a Grandma!
Oh, and that pic of my son. He is standing on a ladder doing some home maitenance. He is actually more on the short side.
Have a great week and don't work too hard!
Cindy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Angel food cake is always a wonderful birthday treat 'round here. Of course I ruin that 'healthy dessert' thang by pilin' the chocolate butter cream thick and high!!! Heeehehehehe!!!

What a sweet little bundle of love there. Ya just can't top babies, can ya???

God bless and have a marvelous day sweetie!!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Too funny! I just mad this cake Sunday night - yummy!
Leann

Anonymous said...

I decided to do that too, no parties, this week. In fact, I turned my Wednesday comments off. Well...it's not Wednesday yet, but the post is here.

Too busy to do parties justice this week. I should be up and running by the weekend or next week though. Lots of work to do.
Painters are finished!

Monica said...

You made me drool, Glenda! That is a problem of mine too- I eat far too many things when I cook!
Monica x.