Monday, December 13, 2010

Dab of This and That

I had not planned to participate in "Table Top Tuesday" hosted by Marty, but then thought this might qualify, even tho is is not a table.
Be sure and visit Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life to see what she and the other participants have to share this week. Thanks Marty for hosting again this week.


Click to enlarge picture.
I am tired of Winter already! :( So....What did I do today because I had no desire to get out in below freezing temps? Would love to write that I wrapped gifts, did laundry, cleaned out freezer and all kinds of constructive things like that. However, I played on the computer and important things like that. :-D
Update: An update on the missing channels on my cable service. It turned out to be what I thought. When I turned on the TV Sunday morning, I did not check to see if I had the correct channels since I was told a tech would be out that morning to check the equipment, and remedy the problem. THEN - turned on my computer, walked away to make coffee and came back to check email, etc.., and guess what - No internet service !!! Loosing part of my cable package that I pay for is one thing. However, don't mess with my internet service !! Drank my coffee (figured I better get some caffeine in me to deal with the issue), called cable company. Well "Hallelujah" - I was connected to someone that could help! Long story short - The "person" that made the "digital migration" change on my account, changed my package in error. Then when the correction was made (sometime after I shut the computer down Saturday night), the modem was deactivated in error !!! The technician on the phone saw what had happened and reset the modem, and said the error was made when "they" corrected my account. Was that the end? Nope - A tech still showed up shortly afterward getting off the phone, as "they" did not notify him that the problem had been taken care of. When I told him step by step what happened, he said the same thing. Somebody messed up!

THANKS: Thanks for all the nice comments on my cloches. I still have not changed out my 2 large ones - they may not get done by Christmas. Oh well! They will be ready for Spring and Summer months.
WELCOME: Also, welcome to the new readers who have joined in. I saw this morning that there are 200 people reading along now - Wow !! I feel honored! When I started this blog a smidgen over 2 years ago, I had no idea anyone would be interested in anything I had to say or do. I plan to have a "giveaway" to celebrate in the near future - already have something in mind.

Off to check the mailbox - I need to be able to say I did something constructive today. :-D
Have a great week and stay warm!
Glenda

15 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It was very cold here and I stayed in today. I got the big tree up and mostly decorated. I'm exhausted by it all now. Glad you got your cable channels and your internet back...I know what you mean about don't mess with my internet! hugs,Linda

xinex said...

I think anything on top pf anything qualifies, Glenda. And your vignette is very pretty. Glad you got your internet back. I can't stand not having interenet service. My wireless router went last week so I have to connect with a cable but the router I ordered came in and I managed to connect it yesterday so John is on line now too. Yippee!...Christine

Debbiedoos said...

Your tree is so pretty. I love how you did the strand of beads. Cold here too, I can't take it!

mustard seeds said...

I didn't have a very productive day either...or last few days for that matter. Joey did go to doctor today...awaiting x-ray results for possible broken hand and perhaps a couple broken ribs. We've just been a little lazy today. Don't freeze.
Sheila

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Yep, I believe it qualifies and it looks so cute.
Glad to hear your cable/internet problems are solved. I could write a book on the problems I've had with ours.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Gorgeous candle holder!!! You are so right..."don't mess with our internet"...cause we know bloggers!!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Lovely vignettes, Glenda. I hate when my internet is out. Glad yours was fixed and corrected.

Sandra said...

Hi Glenda. I love that candle holder! Everything looks lovely! I would pass out if my internet was out. ugh Have a wonderful evening.
Sandra

KimMalk said...

I really like your dabs of decor. The amarylliss by the large candlestick are lovely.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've been piddling here on the internet much of the day myself. At least I can say I vacuumed! Boy, they can have my tv, but don't miss with my internet!
Brenda

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Pretty vignette Glenda. You are SO right - I can do without cable, but not internet service! Glad you were able to get it taken care of! Brrrrr, it is way too cold for this time of the year. We, in the Midsouth, are not accustomed to having to deal with this in Dec! Stay warm! laurie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your cable and internet problems sounds like a nightmare. That would really frustrate me to know end. lol

Love your vignettes, they flowers are so pretty and your tree is just stunning. Love it. Hugs, Marty

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

It has been so cold here too this past week! I thought I could venture out in the sub-zero wind chills and get some shopping done but there were tons of people out there too.

I love your beautiful corner vignette and lovely tree!

Happy Christmas to you!

Anonymous said...

Your vignettes and tree are wonderful Glenda. I love how you did the mosaic.

lvroftiques said...

Pretty vignette G!
And grrrrrr!! I hope those guys brought you chocolate or something for messin' with your internet! No TV? No problem. No fridge.....bit of a problem......But no internet...BIG problem!! I dropped my laptop while drragging it around with me as I do *winks* and it broke! My hubbs came home and I told him we have to go NOW and buy a new one! Ended up buying two. Had to have an extra for safety!....Yeppers I realize I'm a addict. Vanna