Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dab of This and That

Summer has arrived ! It is HOT out there........
It is that time of the year - Popsicles, cookouts, dips in the pool (if you have one) - No pool - No Problem - Turn on the sprinkler..................

Also - that time of the year for : Vacation trips, gardens and flowers to tend, schools out, Summer time activities with the children such as VBS , Grands come to visit, Scout activities winding down, ball games, family reunions, out of town guests, and of course the June weddings and all the events involved with those, such as showers, rehearsal dinners, etc., etc.. A very busy time of the year for most everyone for all kinds of reasons.
Also that time of the year when the Spring/early Summer storms roll thru, torrential downpours, high winds, hail, loss of power, etc. Then when the storms subside, you peek out to see if you have any damage. Praying that if you do it is only minor and just requires some muscle power for a quick clean up, and not the results of a catastrophic tornado or straight line winds.
Thankfully - None here recently.

Stuff going on: Things going on, but not much that is blog worthy. I mean - Who wants to read about you cleaning house, running errands, grocery shopping, paying bills (need to win a lottery), scheduled appointments (hopefully nothing out of the ordinary there) - we all know the routine.

Busy day - Pick up takeout: Combo fried rice - suppose to be no MSG -So why did my ankles swell ?!?! Crab/cream cheese wontons - Why did I bother. Fresh strawberries and angel food cake - Best part of the meal !!!!!!

So - What have you been up to lately ?

Just another Dab of This and That ramble!
Hope you are having a great week!
Glenda

10 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a sweet picture of the grands running through the sprinkler. It's always something around here too. I have a mile long list of things to do before I leave town next weekend. I might have to stay up all night long every night to get it all done. We do get hot, but thankfully don't get your wild weather.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Hi Glenda, glad to see that your doing well!

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Glenda

I like to hear about the day to day too. Even the house cleaning:_)

Me - it's all documented:O

Leann

Amy Burzese said...

Love the squirrel and I remember those sprinkler days. Especially all the grass all over your body! lol

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Glenda...running through the sprinklers brings back memories.

Donna said...

I have been doing nothing! Not even blogging!!
Love all the memories of summer :)
If you win the lottery let us know!
Hugs,
Donna

Domestic Designer said...

It is Hot here as well! Sounds like a good day to me....no surprises. :-) I've been busy working, cleaning, and making jam. Have a great weekend!
DD

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Glenda, summer is such a busy time. I am trying to get a few quilts finished before our Quilt Guild has their show in Sept. I do not love sewing this time of year. Would much rather be outside. Thought I would see what I could get finished in a week or so and then no more. lol!
Hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

Hi Glenda!
It is hot out there! For sure! I'm in Arizona...
I'm having a Summer Time Giveaway on my blog this week if you get a chance to go over and enter. Its a $50.00 gift certificate for NOVICA.
Thanks... Keep Cool!

http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com/2012/06/its-summer-time-giveaway-from-project.html

Rainey @ The Project Table

Christine Wallace said...

Hi Glenda,
Well it looks like your summer is off to a fun start. That sprinkler activity looked like a blast! (pardon the pun). I wish I had a summer activity list like yours! Not much going on down here but jewelry making and bill paying :~( Have a happy and safe 4th!
Christine