Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dab of This and That

Still working on decluttering: Got a bit more done recently, and I do mean just a bit. These items were packed up, along with a large shopping bag full of things went home with my daughter, several other bags full to GW and another bag of clothes that were to washed out/worn went to the garbage.

Time to get the hard hats out again: It is that time of the year again. The squirrels are setting up in the Hickory nut tree every afternoon, dining al fresco style and dropping their debris. Bad time of the day to be under that tree.

Did it again:
Went to DT to pick up a couple of things and ended up with 30 something things at checkout. They had restocked the faux swiff. cloths, and those yummy piroulines that I posted about here . Also stocked up on several other items like alum. disposable cooking containers, cheap garbage bags, etc.

Just Curious: Did anyone else watch "Secrets of the Manor House" on PBS? I did and as much as I love Victorian and Edwardian period jewelry, I can't image living during that era. It seems that either you had it or you did not and there was not a lot in between. I am one that if I wanted to show up at the table in casual attire, I would want to do so without raising eyebrows, eyes rolled and being gossiped about by the scullery maids and other household staff.
In my "younger years" I use to think I wanted to own/live in a grand castle or manor house. Not any more! First I could not afford to do so, the maintenance and utilities would be horrendous, and there is no way I would want a full time staff hovering over me.


I do enjoy seeing movies/documentaries about the era, and I am looking forward to the new episodes of Downton Abbey.

Craving Noodles: In one of my "craving noodles" modes again. Don't know why I do this periodically, but I do - may be the need of carbs. I have been trying to be careful of my diet for some time and one thing is restricting carbs and I think that is what is causing the craving. Anyway I have been craving some well seasoned favored/tasty noodles for a while now , so I am off to dig around in the pantry to see what pasta I can doctor up for lunch.

Just another Dab of This and That ramble.
Glenda

6 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, noodles sound yummy.. Mr. P's mother could make the best homemade noodles around... I think sometimes we crave what our bodies need.. or is it our minds.. lol.what treasures your daughter took home with her... hugs ~lynne~

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Glenda, I so need to do decluttering and organizing. Our basement is unfinished and I had it quite organized when we first moved in. It's gradually gotten to be quite messy. My youngest daughter is coming to stay with us for a month before heading to Spain for a year. Her and I have big plans to organize. I am storing some of their items down there. I love Downtown Abby but did not know about that new show. Maybe they will rerun it. My most favorite is Larkrise to Candleford. Have you watched it? Oh don't those squirrels drive you nuts? lol! No squirrels here in our yard. Just a water snake now and then. YUCK! Hope you find some pasta soon. Would not want you to have a carb attack!
Hugs,
Jann

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Sounds like you accomplished a lot more than I did. I need to stay home for more than a few weeks at a time, then maybe I'd get around to some serious organizing. I have that problem too, amazing how those $1 items manage to jump into my cart.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, when you finish all of that cleaning out at your house, can you come on up here and do it at my house? Sounds like you've been busy. We have a walnut tree at our office, and it is really dangerous when those are falling (or being tossed at us by squirrels), so I know what you'r talking about. I've never watched Dowton Abbey. Been thinkin I'd like to rent the past episodes, but intended to do it before the new season. Loving this cooler weather, but sounds like the temps may go back up in the next couple of days. laurie

Brenda Pruitt said...

Judy brought me some chicken with noodles the other day that was to DIE FOR! I wouldn't want a staff of anything hovering over me. Make me a nervous wreck! (Judy started her blog today. It is http://20northora.blogspot.com

Brenda

Brenda Pruitt said...

Judy brought me some chicken with noodles the other day that was to DIE FOR! I wouldn't want a staff of anything hovering over me. Make me a nervous wreck! (Judy started her blog today. It is http://20northora.blogspot.com

Brenda