Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nope - Have Not Lost My Marbles -

Yet.......
To cold to get out and not interested in doing housework - What to do!?!
Get the jewelry supplies out!  Yes - they have been missing for a while...
I have had good intentions for some time to "attempt"  to make pendants/necklaces out of some vintage, cats eye marbles that have a family connection, and decided it was a good time to start the project.  First you have to set up an assembly line of gluing  bead caps to the marbles.   Then you clean up the mess, peel the glue off your fingers,  and  wait 24 hours before you can work with the marbles with their bead caps attached.....
Added a couple of yellow ones and a white one to the mix.  Others will have to wait, as ran out of the right kind of bead caps, and was not interested in getting out in the cold.  Then the fun begins and things really get messy

Cloudy day (good excuse), so pictures not that great....



The project is more one of assembling the necklaces instead of designing, and  not a lot of bling involved due to most of the ages of the recipients.
So what do you do when it is to cold to play outside and don't want to work around the house?

Linking up with  "Share Your Cup Thursday"
                            "Be Inspired Friday"
                            "Show and Tell Friday"
                            "Favorite Things Saturday

Glenda


22 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love this idea Glenda. These are adorable and those Eiffel towers make perfect charms!

Donna Lynn said...

Very lovely necklace! I tend to just sit on my couch and look at Pinterest or blogs, your much more motivated then I am! LOL!

Unknown said...

ewwww! Those are so cute! Aren't you so smart! :)

Happy New Year!
~Liz

Unknown said...

these are just beautiful - ( I love all things Paris )
definitely your newest follower -
big hugs,
Suzan

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh Glenda I LOVE them. They are perfect and I love that they have family value too!

Happy New Year!
Leann

Patty said...

I love your necklaces. I have made jewelry in the past and am glad to understand the mechanics of twisting wire and so forth. I love to do so many crafty things but since I have been on vacation I tell myself I have to do one little thing around the house before I play and that seems to work for me.

Desires of the Heart said...

Glenda, these necklaces are sooooooo pretty, what a neat idea. I really like the little charms added too. Looks like your 2013 is off to a great start! Trying to get my blog up and running again, today is de-Christmasing day.......... Blessings, Linda

Robyn said...

The marbles are such a great idea I had never thought of! Thanks for sharing and keep having fun with your jewels. :) Robyn

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I've gotten out my crochet hooks to while away the winter :) These are beautiful, Glenda!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great idea using marbles. Visiting from Claudia's Mockingbird Hill Cottage.
Joy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These necklaces are adorable! Love the vintage marbles but the Eiffel Tower charm is perfect! I am going on my first trip to Paris in the fall so I am excited about all things French/Parisian! These made my day Glenda!

hugs, Linda

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! Oh man.. now I'm going to have to make these too! lol Have you made the little jars of glitter necklaces yet?
big hugs,
Cheryl

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

These are just lovely!

Claudia said...

Glenda, they are lovely. And when it's cold out what better way to spend your time than making pretty things!

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Those look lovely!

Happy crafting weekend to you!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your necklaces are really lovely and I'm sure the recipients will love them! I would love to take a jewelry making class someday and learn to how make my own.

Sue said...

You stay busy and productive and the end result is pretty, too! Love the Eiffel towers with the colored marbles. I'm motivated to be lazy these days... LOL.

Sandy said...

These are lovely necklaces! This sounds much better than doing housework!

Balisha said...

What wonderful jewelry you make. So talented!
Balisha

genie said...

I think your necklaces are precious. Love the marbles and and Eiffel Towers. They hang so nicely together. You are really talented. I like the lack of bling...but then, I am 73 and of the age that really does not care too much for it. I do like your things. genie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Glenda, I've just been catching up on your posts I've missed. Life seems to get crazier all the time, and I just haven't had many spare minutes. Love the idea of the marbles on the necklaces. These, and the ones in your more current post turned out great! All I've been doing this week is putting away Christmas decor. Always makes me wonder why I get so much out! I am still laughing about your leaf blower. You are a hoot! Thank you so much for your prayers for our little Cooper. laurie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Glenda I love them! The marble is so fun. It has been cold here also. Have gotten out a few times but some days just want to stay in where it's warm. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann