Monday, April 1, 2013

Colors of Spring...

Busy day - out and about, and actually remembered to take the camera along for a change.
In my rounds I looked for some pretty, Spring color and found some, but not as much as I expected.  Some flowering trees...
 A bit of wild life.  Usually there is a couple, but did not see his lady friend today (out shopping maybe ?).
Was hoping the owner of the vehicle would  show up and move it, but did not happen, so blurred out the license.

Saw lots of flower beds planted with tulips and pansies, etc., but not where I could pull over and take pics, and am pretty sure others would NOT appreciate me obstructing  traffic.  I can see me now trying to explain to an officer that I needed to take pictures for my blog..........
Did manage to work in a trip to a big box store that starts with a "L", and bought a few annuals - nothing big, but just needed some flowers.  Will need to keep an eye on them and will probably be moving them around to protect them from the elements the next couple of weeks - More on that later.

Linking up @ "Outdoor Wednesday"
                       "Wow Us Wednesday"
Have a great week!
Dab of This and That
Glenda

11 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thanks sharing these beautiful trees in bloom. I feel like I need a designated driver sometimes so that I can pull out my camera and take a picture when inspiration is right in front of me.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love that last tree! Sure wish we had something resembling blooms around here! It's still way too cold to put out any flowers. But once we start to get that steady rise in temps I will for sure be going to my big box, too!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Much more spring-like there! We're almost rid of the snow but not a bud in sight. Can't wait - lovely shots!

The Old Parsonage said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see our spring actually spring into bloom!

Leann

Anonymous said...

How lovely that you have all this wonderful spring time color ~ Gorgeous photos for OW ~ ^_^

Donna said...

Your pics look like the cherry tree in my yard! They are so pretty with pretty pink blooms.
I had to buy some indoor blooms from the "L" store too!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
Hugs,
Donna

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

So envious of the flowering trees. I am starting to wonder if we will ever see spring here.
Cindy

annies home said...

beautiful pictures until last year and the tornado that hit our town 2/29/12 we had one of those lovely trees in our own yard but like many things it blew away in the storm so thank you for sharing such beauty with me
come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

betty-NZ said...

Looks like spring is truly on the way! Love your trees.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What pretty photos! Spring blooming trees are so beautiful. We have some trees that have leafed out already!

xinex said...

Beautiful trees, Glenda!....Christine