Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What to Do On a Cold Winter Night...

 You embroidery on anything you get your hands on.  Daughter found some embroidery transfers marked down to 97cts. that would fit right in with her vintage/retro kitchen.
She plans on framing and hanging in a group in her "in progress" vintage/retro kitchen.
Then a trip to the GW store, she found a set of  My Little Pony sheets produced in the 1980's  (during the time she played with them).   $2.97 for the set - score!!!  She is cutting out sections and embellishing with embroidery, then will  frame for the little redhead cupid's  room  (who loves My Little Pony).
Or you could do what the well loved, fat cat chose to do - curl up, take a nap and hope Spring arrives soon......
Kitty - Move over!  Think I will join you for a long Winter's nap! 
Linking up with: "Nifty Thrifty Tuesday"
                            "Inspire Me Tuesday"
                            "Wow Us Wednesday" 
                            "What We Have Accomplished Wednesday"
                            "Share Your Cup Thursday" 
                            "Thrifty Things Friday"
Hope you are having a great week and staying warm!
Glenda

11 comments:

20 North Ora said...

I'm with the cat! LOL

Judy

Art and Sand said...

So many people have been sharing embroidery they are doing. I think I need to get busy and do a little embroidery.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a great idea. Love the one with the mixing bowls. Stay warm and safe!

erin's art and gardens said...

i love my little pony! your embroidery is cute. it is finally starting to snow here!
take care,
erixoxo

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

We've certainly had enough cold winter nights to last us for a long time! I'd like to fall asleep and wake up in spring myself :)

The Old Parsonage said...

Darling - love the embroidery!

Spring? Sure ain't here!!!

Leann

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I'm with the cat too. At least the sun is shining today, and the wind isn't blowing like ice cutting through me. I love those kitchen embroideries. That mixer is just so cute! Your daughter is very industrious. Hope you got all of your problems with the leak taken care of. laurie

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the embroidery transfers she found! I should have thought of doing that yesterday when we had no power. We sort of ran out of things to do and got tired of reading.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Yup, I've been stitching too. Love the retro cooking designs! My Little Pony is perfect for the little one! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Cute embroidery patterns and so perfect for a vintage kitchen. I agree, and I'm so sick of winter! I've been sewing curtains and aprons. A nap sounds really good too. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely weekend! ~Deborah

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Such cute embroidery and I love the My Little Pony sheets cut up and embellished! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing at TTF!