Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finished (Almost)

Over 9 months ago I posted about converting vintage wooden hangers into jewelry holders here. Over 9 months later and I just now finished attaching the cup hooks to one of them. The wood is so hard, could not do it by hand, so the project was put on the back burner. Well - I christened this little guy!
Actually the wood was almost to hard for the drill also, but just worked slow and let the bit cool between each one.
Ran out of hooks and was not interested in making a trip to the hardware store at the time, so will add more hooks and to the other one later.

Even tho I want to add more, I am joining in with Susan @ "Metamorphosis Monday"
and Kim @ "Wow Us Wednesday"
Who knows - may be another 9 or 10 months before I get around to finishing this up. Ooops!
Be sure and visit Susan to see what she and the other participants have to share this week. Thanks Susan for hosting again this week - you are appreciated!
***************************
When got up this morning, it was raining and dreary outside and that sorta set the tone for the day - all I have wanted to do is be lazy................
Photobucket
Here it is mid afternoon, the sun is shining and my "get up and go" got up and left with out me.

Lets all have a great week!
Glenda

20 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Oh Glenda this is the cutest display for jewelery ever! nice job there my friend.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I remember this post. I'm glad your new toy did a good job on its first assignment. Such a clever way to display all your pretty necklaces. Lookin' good!

xinex said...

What a pretty neat contraption!....Christine

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love that the hangars are vintage! Nice jewelry display!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very pretty! I had no idea that wooden hangers would be so hard to drill!

Kim said...

That is awesome! And again, something I would have never thought of!
xoxo,
Kim

May said...

I recently bought some new wooden hangers. I bet those wimpy things wouldn't be at all hard to drill through! Yours are made to last.

Anonymous said...

I love these jewelry hangers, Glenda.

I am still trying to find my get up and go!:-)

Martha said...

How clever! They are so cute!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Wow, look at you! Those are too cute. I know all about that get up and go. I'm about to take some tylenol very shortly and go to bed because mine has gone and left me with all sorts of aches today, lol. We finally had some decent weather today, so we played outside all day! Have a great week Glenda!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

What a great idea, Glenda. I always have things in snarls and clumps. I need to get Bandwidth to make me some of these. But I just thought of something..now that you've told me how hard those hangers are, I might use them as a murder weapon in a Teeny novel. LOL

According to my iPhone, we won't see the sun until Saturday. :-(

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey, I love that Glenda!
So clever and so functional too!
I know how you feel about the get up and go thing...mine leaves me a lot too!
Cindy

Donna said...

You played with your new toy! I love your idea with the hangers. I bet they were hard to drill!
My got up and go never got up and went anywhere!
Hugs,
Donna

Deserae said...

What a great idea! I love it....I might have to give this a whirl :o)
~Des

PS. I am now following you on Google...hope you will follow me back :o)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Well, aren't you just clever. Those are a great idea! laurie

Magnolia Blues said...

What fabulous idea.Great job! They look beautiful.

The Old Parsonage said...

Love that idea! I think that I may add that to Mr OP's honey do list. I'm not to handy with a drill:0

Enjoy!
Leann

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Cute, cute use of the vintage wooden hangers. I have a few layin' around but would hesitate to try this after readin' how hard the wood is.

God bless ya sweet Glenda and have a fantastic week!!! :o)

Sue said...

Very clever and I'm so impressed! You use tools! I am great with a hammer and nails and that's about it!

Monica said...

Glenda,
really love your coat hangers! What a clever idea! The necklaces look fabulous too.
Sending hugs!