Thursday, April 3, 2014

She Has Been "Junkin" Again....

A recent stop at GW, daughter added a few pieces to her vintage collection.
1971 King Seeley thermos.
1980 SL cookbook. She found several neatly, handwritten recipes tucked inside the book.
I have looked every where I know to look trying to find info. on the milk glass compote, as far as age, value, etc., and could not find one with the exact same pattern. Found many similar with a very wide price range.
Also, a pyrex cup to add to her on going collection,  and a wire basket with wooden handle that  is a reproduction, but will fit right in with her country/vintage/retro kitchen look.
 
thermos          .99
                                                           cookbook      l.99
                                                          wire basket   2.00    
                                                          Pyrex mug      .49
                                                 milk glass compote  .99
Looks like she found some treasures.
Yep!  I'd say she had a pretty successful "junkin" trip.
How about you - Been "junkin" lately ?
Linking up with  "Be Inspired"
                           "Thrifty Things Friday"
                           "Mosaic Monday"
                           "Nifty Thrifty Tuesday"
                           "Inspire Me Tuesday"
                           "Wow Us Wednesday"
Have a great week!
Glenda

16 comments:

Diana said...

Hi! I'm visiting via TTF :) You and your daughter got some great finds. I love thrifting and garage saling and like to share my finds with my readers as well. Hope you have a great thrift-filled week-end!

bj said...

Love all her treasures...she did good on her junkin trip.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Fun treasures! My favorite is the wire basket. We're having a community wide sale on Saturday, so hoping to find some good junk.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Some great finds, love the milkglass. I hope to get out there and find some treasure, too.
Hugs,
Patti

The Old Parsonage said...

She is a great junquer - love the finds! We went last weekend, but I only bought one small egg for Easter - love it though.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Leann

eileeninmd said...

Great finds! the cookbook sounds wonderful and I would like the wire basket. Happy Sunday and enjoy your new week ahead!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What great buys and oh, how I love your banner! Looks beautiful my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Lorrie said...

I love that wire basket. I don't go to thrift stores very often unless I need something. Don't want too much stuff in my house.

betty-NZ said...

What a terrific collection of finds!

podso said...

that thermos looks familiar as does the corelle cup--or pyrex? Looks like some fun finds!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those are great finds! We went to Goodwill yesterday and found a great workout bench for $8 AND a banana costume for the dog (which he's been wearing and looks so cute in)!

Lynn Stevens said...

Gotta love junkin, great finds!
hugs Lynn

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love thrift shopping Glenda, you found some great buys there!
That thermos really is interesting. I like the old vintage coolers, there are so many cool ones.
But I need to have a garage sale first, my I have a lot of stuff to get rid of.
Cindy

Patty Antle said...

Oh, I love to junk with a passion but I spend too much when I shop.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I need to shop at THAT GW store! Great finds. laurie

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Whenever I stop at GW I always come away empty handed! I must be going on the wrong days :)