Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy First Day of Spring !!

First day of Spring!  How about you - What did you do today ?
Me?  I stayed in - close to the comforts of home.  Not what I had planned, but do what you gotta do.  Don't know if something I ate, or one of those "ugly bugs" floating around out there in public places got me.   I did work on the never ending  "L" 
I don't really do Spring cleaning or Fall cleaning - just  try to get it done when needed.  Or, just add to the "L" - procrastinate and do whenever.  
Marked off several things already  done, but then turned around and added that many more.  Anyone running a household knows how that goes - it is a never ending job.
 *******
The temps are actually trying to climb a bit lately, which sends us hopes of soon seeing the pretty little faces of wild violets popping up.
 Most all of the country has had to deal with the extreme cold/snow/ice, and those certainly are not conditions that you go out,  and "piddle around in the courtyard flower beds".  This is a pic I took of some violets that popped up in my flower bed a a few years ago.  I always have some to bloom each Spring, but that particular year there was a bumper crop.  Should have taken more pics that Spring, as there were so many, and they lasted for a while  - which is unusual.
*********
 My Error:  Recently I cleaned out my email, and saw where I responded to a couple of bloggers more than once on the same comment/questions, etc.. I apologize.  Still dealing with  "drain bamage" as a result of to much going on, and  a long, cold, miserable Winter.
***** 
Looking forward to  warmer days, blue skies, and beautiful Spring flowers.
Thanks for stopping by -
These are for you!
Have a  wonderful weekend !!!
 Dab of This and That


7 comments:

Patty Antle said...

What lovely violets, Glenda. I've been painting furniture for so long now that I've ignored my house. I really look forward to getting back to my routine of weekly cleaning. Hope you get to enjoy your courtyard real soon!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I am so desperate for spring, I think my head hurts.
Any flower will do, yours are pretty!
Cindy
I want to spring clean, but first I need spring..hehe.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thank you for the beautiful spring violets. I sure looks like spring around here.

Christine Wallace said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Maybe this Springtime weather on its way will make you feel better. I know I am more than ready for some warmer, sunny temps. Take care Glenda, and thanks for stopping by my blog last week and saying hello.

Christine

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

What could be nicer than a little posy of violets - thank you dear Glenda.
Spring will bring the warmer weather with her once she is established.... you won't have to wait too much longer!
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.
Hugs
Shane xox

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Hope you're feeling better, Glenda! I hate having a spring or summer 'bug'.

I just bought some African violets at the grocery store today to tide me over until the real ones poke out of the ground.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Well I hope you are feeling better!

I don't normally do spring cleaning but I think I'm going to do some deep cleaning in some areas.