Monday, March 3, 2014

Old Man Winter Keeps Hanging Around....

Yay! Snow! Schools closed - again.  The only problem - This has happened so many times this Winter, even the children seem to be tiring of Old Man Winter's repeat performance this year.
 On a cold Winter day - It is fun to play in the snow for a while  - just a little while ( too cold to stay out very long).
You taste your first bowl of snow cream....
Then you hoover over a cup of hot chocolate to take the chill off.
Picture removed.
 Pretty sure this character was not invited  in for snow cream and hot chocolate.
Linking up with "Outdoor Wednesday"

ETA:    Giving credit to daughter for all the pics she took and sent to me today, and I used in this post.  Me?!?! What did I do on this bitter cold Winter day?  Stayed inside, reheating my cup of coffee, thinking about what I should be doing instead of getting it done....
Dab of This and That
Glenda
                          

11 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

That's ok, Glenda. Some days are like that!

bj said...

O, I know all you people are so sick and tired of snow. Here in West Texas, we haven't had much at all. Come spring, the winds will blow all spring and we'll have horrible sandstorms...so once you hit spring, YOU will have beautiful weather. :)
HANG ON, GIRL...it's a'comin'....
xo

The Old Parsonage said...

I love snow days when you get to stay home! It's the traveling in it that get me all nerved up!

Loved that shot of the snow cream!!!

Leann

20 North Ora said...

They were saying on the news last night that the majority of the schools around here have used up all of their snow days and will be going to school into June. I think everyone has had their fill.

Judy

ellen b. said...

Snow days are great until you have to make up days all the way to July!!
I'd be inside sipping something hot on any days like these...

xinex said...

This is really a crazy weather, Glenda. It warms up and then freezes right after. It is confusing...Christine

Jim said...

Great post.

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by from Outdoor Wednesday, it has been a strange winter!

Light and Voices said...

I'm with you! I'm staying in while it snows and thinking of what I should do and then saying NOT....I'm in the I don't wanna mood. I'm going to play Scarlett in Gone With the Wind and do it tomorrow.
JM Illinois
U.S.A.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Im ready for another vacation :). I hope spring doesn't take too long to get here (or there).

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

They do look like they're having a good time, but an even better time in the warm and cozy house.