Sunday, March 23, 2014

Successful Junkin Day...

Most anyone who has read my posts recently, is aware that I have a daughter who collects vintage dishes (see note at end of post).  Well, she just happened to visit a GW store one  morning recently, just as one of the clerks was putting out some pieces for sale, and she immediately claimed it all.


Total for all - $7.00
So guess she was paying attention while munching on her soft pretzel, slathered with a bit of mustard, and following her Mom around at the flea market many years ago.
I taught her well !!  :)
Linking up with "Mosaic Monday"
                           "Nifty Thrifty Tuesday"
                           "Inspire Me Tuesday"
                           "Wow Us Wednesday"
                           "Share Your Cup Thursday"
Have a great week!

ETA:  The snack set and casserole are by Fire King, and the Corelle ware cups by Corning have the same butterfly gold pattern as the Pyrex dishes in a previous post..

9 comments:

Terra said...

Oh you did well as a mom and she scored some pyrex treasures.

Anonymous said...

wonderful pyrex additions, I'm visiting from Mosaic Monday.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'd say she was definitely in the right place at the right time.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Great score!

lorraines resources and rewards said...

I tried to get ones similar to the first item in your post so cool. Unfortunately I missed out good score nice things thanks for sharing visiting from thrifty tuesday

Anonymous said...

Great junkin finds! I love that snack set, I have a similar one in the Rosecrest pattern. I haven't seen this one before, just love it.
-Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

It must be fun when the two of you go thrifting! I have one daughter kind of interested in thrifting but not as much as I am! I like to go alone most of the time anyways!!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a deal! Yes, you trained her well, and she was in the right place at the right time. How I wish there was a good GW store nearby. I haven't found one in Memphis that I thought was very good. Have you? Hope you are all doing well. Have a good weekend. laurie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Yes, you certainly did teach her well. Love, love the first set! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann